[AccessD] CSV and currency symbols

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 10:16:38 CDT 2008

Hi to the internationalists

Before I cook something up myself has anyone already done this?

I'm writing a system that will be run in France but will take data produced
in CSV files in the UK as wel as on the continent. This means that a CSV
file produced in UK will output a number as, eg, 123.45 whereas one in
France will write 123,45. So I guess I'll have to read everything into a
text field and parse it to write out a number in whichever is the local
format (France as I say, but who knows if someone may decide to run it in
UK).

Anyone handled this situation and have any useful bits & pieces?

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk