[AccessD] How to start .Netting

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 09:34:02 CDT 2008

Ok I'm sorry, I'm sorry. This has no doubt been answered before on the list
but I wonder if a consensus has been arived at. The question is, coming from
Access how do I start learning .Net? Which are the best books, or other
resources? I don't even know the questions to ask really. Am I talking about
VB.Net? I guess so. Will I need to also learn ASP.Net, ADO.Net, xyz.Net,
ramalamadingdong.Net or is VB.Net all I need? Anyone got a learning plan for
me? How long is this going to take me (to be able to turn out a decent app)?
What software do I need to buy (or will the free Express version get me
going?) So many questions, so little brain.

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk