[AccessD] Creating Subdirectories

Jurgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 19 11:18:49 CDT 2008

I once got an access denied error when I accidentally created a few folders with a trailing space in the name.  I created folders that used the PK and 15 characters of a string and occasionally there was a space between words at the 15th character.  A trunc() fixed that problem.

Funny thing was, under that version of the server software, no one, not even the IT department could delete the folders I created with the trailing spaces.  Those folders stayed there for over 6 months and the Access Denied message even came up from the Windows Explorer UI.CiaoJürgen WelzEdmonton, Albertajwelz at hotmail.com> Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 08:49:03 -0700> From: iggy at nanaimo.ark.com> To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com> Subject: Re: [AccessD] Creating Subdirectories> > Hey Max> DoEvents did something because now I am getting "Cannot delete folder: > Access is denied"> > Max Wanadoo wrote:> > >Try sticking a DEEVENTS in there.> >That will release the processing to the OS to do whatever it needs and then> >come back to you.> >> >Max> >> >> >-----Original Message-----> >From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com> >[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Tony Septav> >Sent: 19 October 2008 16:02> >To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving> >Subject: [AccessD] Creating Subdirectories> >> >Hey All> >Thanks to all of you that responded. Yesterday was a "tired brain day". > >This morning I built a little routine using MKDIR to check and create > >the necessary subdirectories. I check first to see if the drive exists. > >Incorporated Jurgen's idea to check to see if the folder/directory was > >created (rights issue).> >One little glitch is if I try to delete the folder immediately after > >creating it, I get a message "Cannot delete folder. It is being used by > >another person or program". I have to exit Access and then I can delete it.> >> >Thanks again> > > >> > -- > AccessD mailing list> AccessD at databaseadvisors.com> http://databaseadvisors.com/mailman/listinfo/accessd> Website: http://www.databaseadvisors.com