[AccessD] Chart Loading Delay...WAS..(no subject) SOLVED

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 10:47:06 CDT 2008

Hello All,

The issue was I did not understand why if I used docmd.openform("myform")...and then a bunch of other code...and myform had a chart on it...if I stepped through the code...the chart would never load...no matter if I put a loop or some delay...it would not load.  If I ran the code withOUT stepping through the charts would not finish loading until all the rest of the code finished executing...

I am still curious as to why this occurs...

But here is my solution:  doevents in side of a timer loop.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmGraphs"
Dim MyTimer
MyTimer = Now()
   Do While Now() < DateAdd("s", 5, MyTimer)
     DoEvents
   Loop