[AccessD] Transfer info from subform to parent form

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Oct 30 17:55:46 CDT 2008

Total CharQty will be updated as soon as the record is saved.  If you want it updated when
you enter a value in CharQty, you will have to put an explicit "Docmd acCmdSaveRecord" in
CharQty's After_Update event procedure.

Is your subform a true subform (ie embedded in your form) or is it actually a completely
different form which you open and then close?

One way to transfer the information would be to put the following in the On_CLose event of
your "subform'.
Forms!frmPAInput.Form.Observations = TotalCharQty

--
Stuart