[AccessD] OT: Word help

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 13:37:48 CDT 2008

Don't get me started on the ribbon!

I was testing on a box using 2007 and that thing
  1. takes up a lot of real estate.
  2. I could not figure out how to switch windows (Alt -W, pic a form or
report you want to switch to)
  3. When a report opened up, you have to click close on the ribbon (I didnt
see it at first), unlike forms which display an X in the upper right hand
corner, Reports dont display an X in the upper right hand corner. If you
close that X, the whole MDB/ADP closes.

Another thing to rant about Word: (Or is it me, am I getting too old?)

In all older versions of word (or notepad/Wordpad). if you type the
following:

Hello World

Double click on the word World (or highlight the word by any other means),
then proceed to type "Friend" over "World", you would overwrite the word
with the new text.

In Word 2003 & 2007, it seems to insert your new text just before the W then
shift the word "World" to the right with each character that you type.
Why did they change the way that this has worked since the stone age?

David