[AccessD] A2003: Table Driven button list on Continuous Forms

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Sep 8 09:45:51 CDT 2008

Hi Darren,

I use buttons on continuous forms quite a bit.  To my knowledge, you cannot
do what you're trying to do.  The only way to change the appearance of a
control is to use Conditional Formatting, and button up/button down
appearance is not part of conditional formatting.

Perhaps you could use a textbox instead of a label for your button, and
slightly change color to substitute for button up/button down using
Conditional Formatting.  Conditional Formatting only works with textboxes
and comboboxes.

Can you use a regular button on each record that says 'Open App'.  The user
knows which app since its name is displayed.

Or, could you set up a double-click event in the app name control to open
the app?  No button at all.

Just some thoughts,
Dan