[AccessD] Numeric Field Overflow

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:14:47 CDT 2008

Evidently it's been doing this for a while.

http://bytes.com/forum/thread197772.html

References the same issue in Access 97. Table internal to database
works and linked gives error you are experiencing.

And here is another posting regardingthe same issue - version not identified.
http://www.dbforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1211186.html

Perhaps you could import into a temp table in the front end and then
append from there to your linked backend table?

This link implies that one o fyour field types may be defined
incorrectly and it only cares when it's a linked table and not if it's
a local table.

http://bytes.com/forum/thread210094.html

So perhaps if you verify that your table definitions all match the
data correctly you can fix it?  I personally usually import into a
temp table with most fields defined as text and then append to my real
table from there once I am relatively sure of the data being formatted
correctly.

Good luck!

GK