[AccessD] Time Comparisons

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Sep 12 10:01:40 CDT 2008

Hi Tony

You could skip all the string handling and use a static variable.

Private Sub Form_Timer()

  Static datLast As Date
  Dim datNow As Date

  datNow = Now
  If DateDiff("s", datLast, datNow) > 5 Then
    ' Do something.
    Me!BTime.Value = datNow
    datLast = datNow
  End If

End Sub

Set the format property of BTime to short time.

/gustav

>>> iggy at nanaimo.ark.com 11-09-2008 16:44:53 >>>
Hey All
I am trying to trigger an event when the current time = the calculated
time. I have been fiddling with this, as previous versions would trip up
every so often (ie. after 28 hours). The current version has been
running for 3 days and everything seems to be working fine, just wanted
to check with the time experts if I am doing this correctly.

Me!BTime - unbound on form
Timer = 1000

Me!Btime = cstr(Format(TimeSerial(Hour(Now()), Minute(Now()),
Second(Now()) + 5), "long time"))
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Timer()
        If cstr(Format(TimeSerial(Hour(Now()), Minute(Now()),
Second(Now())), "long time"))>
    cstr(Format(TimeSerial(Hour(me!BTime), Minute(me!BTime),
Second(Me!Btime)), "long time"))
       Then