[AccessD] Change Field Type

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Sep 22 14:27:22 CDT 2008

Dear List:

I am trying to change the type of a field 'StartBase' in table
'MatterActions' from Number to Boolean.  I've tried two approaches:

1) dbs.Execute "ALTER TABLE [MatterActions] ALTER Column StartBase Boolean"
givers the error 3381 There is no field named 'Boolean' in table
'MatterActions'

2) Set tdf = dbs.TableDefs("MatterActions")
tdf.Fields("StartBase").Type = dbBoolean

gives the error invalid operation on the second line.

Does anyone know the correct code to change this field's type?

MTIA

Rocky