[AccessD] Email Problem

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Sep 22 15:17:15 CDT 2008

Dear List:

My day for questions.  I'm sending emails automatically, unattended, from
this app - scheduled to run at night.  When the email contains an invalid
address it generates an error "-21472220977 - the server rejected one or
more recipient addresses.  The server response was 550 5.1.1 User Unknown.
Possible bad email address"

then it lists all of the addresses in the To: CC: and BCC: fields, and the
process stops until the user comes in, sees the message and clicks OK.  At
which point they don't really know what address was bad.

I suppose I could use On Error Resume Next at the line which calls the email
send routine.  Of course, that way the user will never know that there was a
bad address and that the report didn't go out.  So I think that's not a good
solution.

However, is there a way to verify addresses before sending an email?  Or is
there a better approach to this problem?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

858-259-4334