[AccessD] Email Problem

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Sep 22 17:36:54 CDT 2008

You can't check an address without sending a message to it.
(Well there is the SMTP VERIFY command, but most servers
don't honour it to avoid disclosing valid addresses to spammers)

I use Blat.dll to do this sort of automated mailing. Every transmission is logged
in a text file which you can programmatically check for errors afterwards. It also
returns error codes which you can use to create your own logging routine.

Having said that how about a standard error trap:

Do
   On error goto trapit:
   Docmd.sendmail... or whatever
   On error goto 0