[AccessD] Access 2002 - Another way to lose your work

Tue Sep 23 12:02:01 CDT 2008

Cross posted to Access-L and Access-D

Ever seen this happen? I just lost 90 minutes of work this morning...

The scenario was I had a couple of modules open, and a form module, and
another from. Had a few bookmarks set to a could jump between
modules/functions.

After working on one of the forms I hit the Save button and I got the usual
listbox showing the altered objects in my project. I deselected all the
objects other than the form I wanted to save at that point and then when I
returned to an open module the first thing I noticed was that I had no
bookmarks set anymore. The next thing I noticed was that all the code I had
just written had vaporized. Aaargghh!!!

The only think I can think of that might cause this is that SetWarnings may
have been set to False, but why, when I did not close any of the altered
objects, did my changes get blown away?

Any way to tell in code if SetWarnings = False?

Lambert