[AccessD] Need some help.

Steve Turner sturner at mseco.com
Thu Sep 25 13:32:37 CDT 2008

Hello List,

I am using A2k with SQL Express, Excel, and other linked tables. The
main DB is in SQL Express. We have a custom timesheet program that puts
Time, Charges, Job numbers worked on in it. I used to export data to
Lotus 2.1 using A2k and calculate cost for each Job to make entries to
the GL. I have now written Query's to extract the data, calculate the
cost and export to Excel so I can import to the GL. Calculations are
done by the week because of Salaried Costs and the hours worked causes
the Cost to change each week. I have a Query that sums the week by Job
based on entered dates. I made a copy as a Make Table Query and a Copy
to be an Append Query that writes the 4 or 5 weeks to a table to use
another query to summarize by Job for the Month. I also have a Query
that summarizes the data to 10 profit centers 0-9 as negative amounts to
offset the GL.

I know that there must be an easy way to use VBA code to automate the
process but not quite sure how to start it as my coding ability is
limited. We also have a Variable table built with the month start and
month end date to run many other reports. We have a Form built with
buttons to update the Variables table and run many reports from the
database here. I would like to add a button that would run the code to
build the GL Cost data from here. It will write the GL Queries to an
Excel file.

Simply I need to read Var table for month start then run Make Table
query for 1st week.

Read Var table for next week then run Append query for that week and
continue to run the Append query for each week till month end is
reached.

Run query to sort down to Month table

Then combine this table with Summary query of profit centers for GL and
export this to Excel.

 Anyone have some code I can start with to do this?

Steve A. Turner
Controller
Mid-South Engineering Co. Inc
P.O. Box 1399