[AccessD] Importing multiple txt files

Janet Erbach jerbach at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:12:07 CDT 2009

Hello!

I would like to programmatically import one by one all the text files in a
given directory - usually around 30 files.  I've used code that I copied
from http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm to allow the user to browse
through windows directories and select a single file to process...but now I
want to process ALL the files in a given directory, regardless of the number
of files.  I assumed I would build an array with the names of all the files
and then loop through that array in my code to import and process them one
by one.

Does anyone know of code I could utilize that would allow me to identifity
the names of all the txt files in a selected directory?  I'm lost when it
comes to interfacing Access with Windows in this way!

Janet Erbach
NaturalHealthyConcepts.com