[AccessD] Web Applications

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Apr 6 23:02:18 CDT 2009

LOL.  Kind of ironic here William.  I am not trying to put down ASP.NET.
It's fine.  My only issue is with how some people use it, which can
happen to any tool.

Yet you are dumping on ASP.  I have a feeling you've never really used
asp, or if you did, you didn't become very good at it.  While I concur
that your sentiment about sticking with the first thing you use can be
true, there is a flip side to this William.  Sometimes, someone who gets
really good with a technology builds more tools to make things go even
faster.  Custom tools, that do just what you want, in a heartbeat.  That
really does take the shine off of new technology flash, when you already
have the capability that you built yourself.

With a few mouse clicks, I can have a fully functional data and
collection classes in either VB or asp.  (And that was really easy to do
with ASP since it's just a text file).  Why would I want a class in ASP
and not a .dll?  Does everything run asp.net?  Apache doesn't natively,
and not everyone has it setup with something like Mono.  But asp is
still pretty universal.  No .dll, just upload the .asp files....whalla.

Plus, not all of your mobile devices have browsers that jive well with
Javascript.  Just plain old HTML.

So rant away.  But I think you're missing the point entirely!

Drew