[AccessD] Keeping your db in tiptop shape

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Apr 14 13:49:38 CDT 2009

Yes - I've seen where compacting on close will leave behind a file called
db1.mdb.  But I've only seen that happen when my FE file closes, not the BE
file which closes automatically.

I'm guessing that the db1.mdb file serves some purpose.  When I've seen it
appear it will typically disappear a second or so after the closing FE.mdb
file closes.  But once in a while it will not disappear.

Dan