[AccessD] Convert mdb to accdb Problem

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 09:26:40 CDT 2009

I tried this in Access 2007, and found that it works with the following
references, in order:
VBA
MS Access 12.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
MS DAO 3.6 Object Library.

If I try to add the MS Office 12.0 Access database engine... reference, I
get the same message as you, and the message goes away if I remove the DAO
library.  So they conflict.

However, if I replace the DAO library with the Office 12.0 Access database
engine library, the code starts working again.

Doug