[AccessD] Second wireless at other end of house

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Apr 22 07:05:53 CDT 2009

Darryl,

 > These are good, but be aware that they only work if both the source and target units are on the
same internal circuit.

I have this very issue, which also prevents an intercom I bought from working.  The house was built
in two parts, the main house and an add-on years later.  The add-on has its own circuits.

Beyond all of that, every laptop has a built-in network card these days.  Those LAN over AC work
(sometimes) but they are not cheap and the cost is on a "per PC" basis to replace something already
built in to the laptop.  I could see it (if it worked) to get to one hard to reach spot but not as a
general solution for the entire house.