[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Access-D Desktop

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Mon Aug 3 17:50:28 CDT 2009

...hhhmm ...I refuse to play with outlook ...too many bad memories of this
huge hog sucking up every system resource available and crashing things all
about ...I swear to you my last bsod was an outlook screen and I since vowed
to execute any user who dared to activate it.

...there are several vbs and wmi scripts in the zip I sent you ...the utc
offsets need to be rewritten since the dst dates changed but I've not gotten
around to it ...I'm sure the scripts can be optimized but much like Access,
I don't claim to be a guru with either ...the "clocks" are simple date time
fields offset from my local time zone ...since a refresh is required to
update them, I thought graphics were way overkill ...besides which, as
you'll note. there is a lot of info presented and users will only accept you
writing on top of just so much of their wallpaper.

...if you use a wallpaper changer (I'm always amazed at the number of people
who do) you'll need to change it to one that provides for a command line
call between changes so that bginfo can be refreshed ...nonags has a good
freebie that works.

...other than that, enjoy ...I started using this a few years back and have
gradually added to it.

William