[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Re: OT: Web site photo album

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Aug 4 15:48:30 CDT 2009

I'm starting to do quite a bit of website work in conjunction with a good graphic website guy.
(I do all the backend database and interface stuff - he does all the pretty stuff).

We are in the process of developing a new website for a government department here.
They decided that for "security reasons" they wanted to host their own web server in house.
They have a 256Kb link to the world which also has to server their email and web access for
selected staff.

It's not the first time that I've come across similar problems, so we ended up doing a White
Paper explaining the issues, including security and bandwidth to hand out to clients.

You can get a copy from http:/www.lexacorp.com.pg - click on Resources and download the
second White Paper.

While you are there, have a look around - we've just totally rebuilt my old, very amateurish
looking site - comments, criticisms welcome.

I'd also appreciate it if you use the Contact Us form to leave me a message. I've got PHP
Geolocation code sitting behind it and would like to give it a good trial.  If you use it I will let
you know exactly what info I get about your IP address and location through it.

--
Stuart