[AccessD] Moderator Message

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Aug 5 14:14:52 CDT 2009

And of course that is an honest argument.  The flip side of the coin is that if no one comes to the
list anymore because it is "dead", then the list really and truly dies for everyone, dial up of not.

A year or so I left the list for awhile because it had so many messages, most about Access, but
absolutely none of it of interest to me.  I was getting no technical value from the list, and when I
tried to spark discussions about fairly technical stuff that I was interested in (again Access
related as it happens) I couldn't wade through the muck.

Now the exact opposite is happening.  There is absolutely nothing going on here on a day to day basis.

Perhaps AccessD truly has no purpose anymore.  We certainly seem to have lost whatever it was that
drew such a healthy crowd / discussion to the list.  I am simply asking whether it might be that the
other lists, truly necessary in the past, now are a hindrance to our survival.  Maybe merging the
lists won't matter at all, maybe there just isn't the interest in the list and the subject matter
any more.  However I do think it is indisputable that the original need for the other lists (over
the top traffic) is pretty much gone.