[AccessD] OpenRecordSet question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Aug 8 00:45:51 CDT 2009

Turns out it is all about the way MS implement CurrentDB.  It is not persistent.
Every time it is called it creates a clone of the current DBEngine with  a complete refresh of
it's collections. As soon as the direct reference to it expires, it *automatically* drops out of
scope.

That's why you can use it in  "For Each..." loop or a  "With...." block - it stays in scope until
the end of the loop/block.

But in this case, it is automatically dropped straight after the Set line so tdf no longer has a
parent.  You can only persist it by assigning it to an object variable.

--
Stuart