[AccessD] OpenRecordSet question

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 03:18:05 CDT 2009

Hello Stuart,

Well, I guess it goes to show that people attack/approach tasks in many
different ways.
I frequently pass recordsets to functions.

For Example, I have a function which sends out emails,  the data source
comes from a filtered recordset that the user is working on/changing all the
time.  When the user is happy, they press the Send Emails button, the
function is called with the recordset as the parameter.  Regardless of where
the recordset is derived (the above is just one example), the function does
the same thing and can be akin to a Class without any of the class overheads
(ahem!). It is, of course, what public function are there to do.

Example:
Public function pfSendEmails(rst as dao.recordset) as Boolean.
With rst
Code
End with
End function

That  is just one example. There are many others where I pass, typically,
recordsets but could be queries (as recordsets) to a function/sub.

AND, I hardly ever us Classes - purely because I believe they are an extra
overhead to set up a class which is there unnecessarily.  But that is
another topic which has been beaten to death!!

Max