[AccessD] Cost of Debug.Print Statements

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 07:58:53 CDT 2009

Almost all of my proven, reusable code uses a constant to encase Debug.Print
statements in If/EndIf. But typically in the actual application code I just
plonk in Debug.Print statements so that I can see what's going on during
development. But suddenly I'm curious as to the overall impact on
performance. How much does a Debug.Print statement cost you?
And while we're on the subject, in all my years of coding Access, I have
never once used Debug.Assert. I would assume that it works like the Assert
statement in other languages I've used. Does anyone use it and if so when
and where?

Arthur