[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Re: Access poll

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Aug 8 15:26:28 CDT 2009

ROTFL, I get your point, but I have a choice don't I to rent a "mechanical gearbox".  I did drive in
Ireland and just made sure I specified an automatic, and it was a relative piece of cake.  It was
definitely strange, for the entire time, but I don't drink and I had absolutely zero problems
driving there.

I certainly don't need to start the whole discussion all over again, nor do are you required to
respond ever again.

Do I feel "Safe" with Microsoft?  Sure.  Do I think they have MY best interests at heart.
Absolutely not!  Do I think they have Microsoft's best interests at heart?  Absolutely!  IF my best
interests don't conflict with theirs then fine, otherwise to bad for JC.

I too think they are developing some truly world class software.  I think the .Net framework is
unparalleled in the world today.  Did they do it for me?  Not a chance, they did it to force me to
stay on windows.  It makes many many different things possible (even trivial) that might very well
be impossible in a Linux environment.

But it was decidedly NOT because it was best for ME, personally or as a developer that they went to
this huge expense.

I just FEEL that it was decidedly NOT because it was best for ME that they did the Office interface
redesign.  I think it was best for Microsoft.

That is the way of the world, and I understand that.  But when someone who owns the guitar market
suddenly strings backwards all guitars sold in the future, for no other apparent reason than that it
is good for their company, I don't have to like it.