[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Re: Access poll

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sun Aug 9 00:48:30 CDT 2009

Hi John,

Yes, ROTFLA. Sorry, I will post one more comment on that experience as it is
related to MS Access 2007 (it's Sunday - let me violate slightly the rules):

- during that business trip I did have a choice to use automatic gearbox but
I didn't, and I didn't also get full insurance car leaving franchise payment
in the case of a small car damage shared with my colleague. I'd also note
that this rented car's accelerator's and clutch's pedals were much more
sensitive than the ones of mine (I do have some fitness training for my legs
while driving the car :)) (when I have got back home and tried to start my
car I was first time a kind of shocked how hard is to push my own car's
accelerator's pedal) - for the rest that was very good car and driving left
hand side wasn't as big issue as using mechanical gearbox and turning left
on crossroads without the risk to damage car wheels' tires etc...

...as for Access 2007 - I have used it during that business trip on everyday
basis for project's support work, and that was very stressful project with
long working hours till 2a.m. sometimes, with 6-7 a.m. getting awaken and
then back to work at 9 a.m. - and you know I haven't got any issues with the
Ribbon - I felt it was OK and designed *right* for me :) ...

You can guess now why I felt so good that time, and I feel so good now with
the usage of MS Office/Access Ribbon. :)

Advise for the folks who still won't/can't overcome "the Ribbon adaptation
phobia": try to experience something like I did (or more stressful
experience - sky-diving? :)) and do use MS Office 2007/Access 2007 the same
time - and you'll get it *right* for you! ;)

Thank you.

--
Shamil

P.S. But "Microsoft Office 2007: The Story of the Ribbon" thread explains
everything, isn't it? Maybe MS folks weren't so careful with the Ribbon
implementation for MS Access 2007, as they were with MS Word 2007, MS Excel
2007,... - who knows. Maybe using statistical analysis and eyes' movement
tracing isn't the best way to design GUI - we will know that soon when MS
Office 2000-2003 will go out of usage and MS Office/Access 2007 and higher
will become widespread for the most of users and developers....