[AccessD] Access and :PDF Printers was (OT: PDF Printers)

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 18:00:23 CDT 2009

Great Stuff,
Thanks Stuart

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: 09 August 2009 23:15
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Access and :PDF Printers was (OT: PDF Printers)

Lots of them, all with different capabilities.

I have four different ones installed on this machine alone :-)

PDFCreator  - http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator
DoPDF - http://www.dopdf.com
Polestar Virtual Printer - http://www.polestarsoft.com/

and my own creation.

MakePDF - a front end to Ghostcript which you can use as a GUI or CLI
application.

Here's where it gets ON TOPIC again.

I use this one to print reports  to PDF with output file names created on
the fly.  It means I
can set up a loop to create a couple of thousand PDF statements  stored in
currentapplication.path & "Statements" with names like "Statement" &
CLientNumber &
".pdf".  Once they are created, I can email them out using  calls to
Blat.dll, pulling the email
address and CustomerNumber in a loop and funding the appropriate PDF to
attach.

You  will find MakePDF and an example of using it with Access on my website
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg - under Downloads.

--
Stuart