[AccessD] send email through Windows Mail

Carolyn Johnson cjlabs at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 10 11:06:21 CDT 2009

Vista, Access2003

For WindowsXP, my users have the option of sending email via Outlook (using docmd.sendobject with Outlook as the default email program) or Outlook Express (using MAPI code).

In Vista, the Outlook method still works.  The MAPI code fails because it explicitly references Outlook Express.

Interestly, if I set Windows Mail as the default email program, the email is still sent via Outlook.

I know next to nothing about different email protocols and cannot find any information on using Windows Mail with Access.  Has anyone done this?

Thanks
Carolyn Johnson
St Louis