[AccessD] Zoho Access Migration Plugin

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Aug 10 11:14:02 CDT 2009

Hi Kent

Strange, they charge 10 (ten) records as 1 MB ... at USD 10 per month:

  http://creator.zoho.com/pricing

We pay per month for backup storage at Amazon about USD 2 per month for several GB ...

/gustav

>>> kismert at gmail.com 10-08-2009 17:50 >>>
I was searching for "Microsoft Access market share 2009", and this link
popped up:

Zoho Creator: Migrate MS Access Database
http://www.zoho.com/creator/migrate-msaccess-database.html

It's a plug-in for Zoho Creator that lets you import Access tables and data.
See the video at the bottom of the page for a demo.

It doesn't look like they import Access forms, but create generic forms
using their own engine. They also claim Access has "no scripting options",
but I seem to recall that it does... hmm, what does Microsoft call that
language?

Zoho Creator is a web data/forms/RAD application, with its own scripting
language, Deluge. See:

Creator Platform Overview
http://www.zoho.com/creator/platform-overview.html

This to me signals the beginnings of a Access-to-web conversion trend. It is
becoming harder to ignore the reality that the web is rapidly becoming the
dominant application platform. It could be Shamil's Northwind to
ASP.NETproject is the only forward-looking Access development effort
we have.

-Ken