[AccessD] Visa, Acess 2003 and Active X objects.

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Aug 11 02:03:46 CDT 2009

Hi Darryl

It's not Vista but IE.
You missed, I guess, my message from 2009-05-14:

Enable ActiveX controls which Access 2003/2007	doesn't "support" (update)

  http://databaseadvisors.com/pipermail/accessd/2009-May/068528.html

/gustav

>>> Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au 11-08-2009 01:35 >>>
Hi Folks,

A friend at work here has a new Vista (SP1) OS.  He has noticed that now none of the active X object in his Access databases work anymore (Such as treeview etc).

I suspect this would be some crazy security 'feature' that needs to be tweaked, but being an old skool XP luddite, I haven't really even looked at Vista.

Has anyone had this issue and/or know a way to resolve this issue?

cheers
Darryl.