[AccessD] Event Invites

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Aug 11 12:05:57 CDT 2009

Self joins have to point from child back to parent.  IOW there must be a parent ID (InvitedBYID in
this case).  Any "invite" in this case can of course only be a guest (or invite) of a single other
person.  Other than that it works.

The biggest issue is flattening it out, particularly if you have to have the entire path back to the
original parent who has no other parent.

If "who invited me" is all that matters, then it is trivial, if the InvitedBy field contains
anything other than zero then a name is pulled and displayed / printed (Outer join).

Of course if a guest invited guests, and that guest is deleted then you have orphaned invites.  You
definitely should handle that in some manner.  The OnDelete event would work well.  ;)