[AccessD] New poll on MS Office 2010

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 14:47:48 CDT 2009

If  your a  SharePoint and Office user then I think most will upgrade as the functionality for SharePoint is good.

Other that that I would guess people who "simply" use Word etc will stay as they are. I see no great compelling reason to move unless you are using SharePoint and are planning to upgrade to MOSS 2010. For us its easy because our costs are so low to upgrade we will be doing it. We will  be going to SharePoint 2010 at least and I will stay with Office 2010 as I am used to it now for the day to day things.

Then you have the web clients but again they need additional software in-house to be usable as the moment. But this could be a huge selling point of Office 2010.

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Information Services
The Library at Queen's