[AccessD] SQL Server - (In Recovery)

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:26:23 CDT 2009

I love the recovery ability. QA (SQL 2000) didn't have that ability.

Its similar to Word's recovery if your computer lost power and you open up
Word, your last document is available as a "recovery".

This happened to me the other night while I was VPN'd to my work computer.
I was pulling an all nighter, couldn't keep my eyes open after 3AM so I went
to bed (without saving).

Came in to work and noticed my computer had reboot (I had left all of my
files open).

I was so pissed! then when I opened SS Management Studio, it opened all of
my tabs as recovered files.

In the words of Jeff Spicoli "That was totally awesome!" :)