[AccessD] Access Web Databases: Let the Wild-Eyed Speculation Begin!

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:15:38 CDT 2009

I was looking at the Access 2010 Developer Kitchen event that Rocky
forwarded:
http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2009/08/19/access-2010-developer-kitchen.aspx

In the comments, this exchange jumped out:
> SamC said:
> Can MS Access 2010 Developer Edition make full web databases that
> can be hosted from anywhere without sharepoint?

> Clint Covington said:
> Sam - we aren't disclosing more info about web databases until
> mid October. Let's continue the conversation at that point.

Sounds like they have something to disclose!

As you know, Microsoft is taking Office to the web with their Office Live
project:
http://www.officelive.com/en-us/

Right now, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are supported. The interfaces are in
Silverlight, I believe.

So, does anybody have any dirt to dish? Let's gossip!

-Ken

PS - If they really deliver a true client-server web app running full Access
forms and reports with events and VBA underneath, I'll kiss Ballmer's bare
butt! If it's standards-based HTML/CSS/Javascript -- both cheeks!