[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Re: OT: Amazon book searches

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Dec 10 16:02:47 CST 2009

LOL, no REALLY.  I'm SOOOooooo close here...

;)

VB.Net was so much easier to search for.

I buy most of my books from Amazon, lots of them used for really cheap.  So this really does matter
to me.  I have long groused about the sheer stupidity of what the Amazon search gives me back.
Search for just about anything and the search gives back what you are looking for and at LEAST a
couple of hundred (thousand / million) other things not even remotely connected to what you want.

I think it is intentional; I think that people get off track looking at unrelated stuff that they
see and end up buying stuff that they weren't there to get.  But it is just annoying to me.

I can't remember ever seeing that second item in the search list that Jim mentions, but that is
precisely what I was wanting.  But then he mentions "in the title" and makes me feel stupid all over
again.  ;)

Of course he could just be pulling my leg.  I don't see anything obvious that would restrict the
choices to "in the title".  Then again I never noticed that second search choice widget either.