[AccessD] Printing to a network port

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Dec 11 15:31:10 CST 2009

Shell "Ping 192.168.1.1"
is about the simplest way I know to send data directly to a network address from Access.
<g>

Oh, you meant useful data to a port which can be used at the other end?  You will need to
do some Winsock programming.

If you are happy to use third party components, the "free for personal use" OSWINSCK is
easy to use.  Instructions for use with Access including sample code are at
http://www.ostrosoft.com/oswinsck/oswinsck_vba.asp

--
Stuart