[AccessD] A call to the helpdesk

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:02:28 CST 2009

As both Technical support and the only database programmer in a 20 person
company, I gradually learned humility.  Especially after I deleted the
entire accounting system data and spent a month rebuilding it from paper
reports in the evening.

And then there was the time we we working on a tight deadline to get the
year end results finished.  I had the only copy of the final database on a 5
1/4" floppy.  I proudly rushed into the accountant's office and inserted the
diskette - right into the crack between the two diskette drives!  It worked
fine once I had dismantled the computer case and retrieved it.

Doug