[AccessD] [dba-Tech] Hub problem

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Wed Dec 30 12:01:39 CST 2009

> You NEED a Windows Home Server to back up all those machines. Pay no
> attention that mine is still giving me grief. The concept is sound.
> Once you start streaming HD video that 100 mb switch ain't going to
> cut it. Don't buy anything less than Gigabit now. Mark my words. Gary

This is sooo NOT true!!  I stream HD content from my computer upstairs to
my HD TV downstairs using a 100Mbs connection.  There is absolutely no
studdering--just smooth playback.  I record OTA broadcast and record
directly from my cable Set Top Box using an HD-PVR to my computer and edit
out the commercials.  Even Blu-Ray can be streamed through 100Mps
connection.

A 1000Mps switch will do no good unless the router is also 1000Mps.  Also
a 1000Mps is much less than 10 times faster, more like 2-4 times at best.
You are better off sticking with 100Mps unless you get a good deal.