[AccessD] IronSpeed

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:43:28 CST 2009

William,

For what it's worth, I've looked at both IronSpeed and nth Penguin's
WebWidgetry.  I had a unique opportunity with WebWidgetry in that the
guy who developed it lives in Neenah and his company has its office in
Appleton, just 15 minutes away.

I went to the guy's office one night a couple of weeks ago.  I was
looking at his code generator to get a jump on an Access-to-web
conversion project.  WebWidgetry is much different from IronSpeed in
that IronSpeed uses "standard" ASP.NET objects to manipulate data with
the associated SQL Data Sources.

However, Web Widgetry sets up web services for the back-end database.
It is very JavaScript heavy (the developer is a JS whiz)...but it
still uses the ASP.NET framework.  He's done a good job of integrating
his WebWidgetry namespace into Visual Studio, complete with
Intellisense.  The auto code generation is just the tip of the
WebWidgetry iceberg.

Only one problem: it's a beta.  The guy has been working on it for
four years, but as a sideline to his main custom development business.
 He and his partner are looking for venture capital to get it to
market.  I'm not holding my breath.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI