[AccessD] Help with Query

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Feb 6 02:03:18 CST 2009

Hi John and Mark and Joe

I wonder if it would help to "isolate" the ODBC table in a query and then use this query to join with the local table.
And/or write the criteria to join on from the local table to a temp table at the SQL Server and then join this with the remote table in a view.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 05-02-2009 20:31 >>>
Does anyone know what might be behind this slowness?  I have an Access application that is required
to link to data from SQL Server, and it is indeed very slow, a source of annoyance to my client.  I
do have to filter the data, currently using an inner join.  I really do not want to just copy the
data into a local MDB table though I will if that will help (hadn't thought much about doing that
till now).