[AccessD] Semi-OT - VM Ware

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 05:50:31 CST 2009

Rocky,

Our network admin relies on VMWare for all sorts of stuff.  He set up
a monster server or two with 24 GB of RAM and 8 processors.  VMWare
machines have been set up to run SQL Server, Exchange Server, web
servers, etc., etc., ...

It's to the point now where he doesn't even consider setting up a
system to just run an OS by itself.  Now, it's set up to act as a
VMWare host to run multiple servers.

Interestingly enough, he doesn't use the latest VMWare 2 stuff, he's a
believer in 1.4 or whatever the newest-but-one version is.  I trust
his judgement because he is the absolute hugest uber-geek I've ever
met, bar none.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI
http://www.NeenahPolitics.com