[AccessD] Semi-OT - VM Ware

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Feb 7 06:13:53 CST 2009

Hi Steve

He probably doesn't like the browser based Server Console. Could you ask him about that? My colleague prefers to have the trouble opening ports in the firewall to be able to deal with the previous Windows-based Server Console.

/gustav

>>> erbachs at gmail.com 07-02-2009 12:50 >>>
Rocky,

Our network admin relies on VMWare for all sorts of stuff.  He set up
a monster server or two with 24 GB of RAM and 8 processors.  VMWare
machines have been set up to run SQL Server, Exchange Server, web
servers, etc., etc., ...

It's to the point now where he doesn't even consider setting up a
system to just run an OS by itself.  Now, it's set up to act as a
VMWare host to run multiple servers.

Interestingly enough, he doesn't use the latest VMWare 2 stuff, he's a
believer in 1.4 or whatever the newest-but-one version is.  I trust
his judgement because he is the absolute hugest uber-geek I've ever
met, bar none.

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI
http://www.NeenahPolitics.com