[AccessD] An unashamed request for help

Bruce bbruen at unwired.com.au
Sun Feb 8 06:41:25 CST 2009

Folks, I don't know whether you have seen the news about the bushfires in the
state of Victoria in south east Australia.

Over the last three days these fires have destroyed over 700 houses and
upwards of 80 lives.  This is the initial damage, the impact that this
disaster will have on the lives of the survivors and the communities involved
is something that even us "tough Aussies" are having trouble coming to terms
with.

I know the memory of Witch Creek and the other two Sacramento fires must still
be in your minds, so I hope that you don't mind me asking .. if you can find
it in your hearts to make some sort of contribution in these hard economic
times, please.

sincerely
bruce

Official information site:
http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/incidents/incident_summary.htm

News link:  (!!long URL)
http://news.google.com.au/news?q=vic+fires&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&ei=ts-OSY6WAoPQkAXe5unMDA&sa=X&oi=news_group&resnum=1&ct=title

General google link:
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=vic+fires&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I'm sure that you can find the support mechanisms through your local news or
church groups.

as always