[AccessD] A2003: Fire Multiple Functions at different times

Darren D darren at activebilling.com.au
Mon Feb 9 23:28:23 CST 2009

Hi Team

I have a well used main form that has quite a few procedures that fire when tabs
are clicked or buttons pushed etc

What I'd like to do is move some of the procedure (function) names to a
'function' table and have theses procedures fired off at durations stored in
this 'function' table

I have this in place now for 1 procedure that runs every 10 minutes using the
timer on a hidden form bound to this 'function' table

This hidden form opens and sits hidden each time the main form is opened and is
closed when this main form is closed

I'm sure someone here must have done something like this in the past

So I just wanted to know what logic to apply to the 'function' holding table and
how to handle multiple, competing and even conflicting durations

Perhaps not necessarily with the timer of this hidden form

I had in mind...

Table Name = tblFunctionToBeRun

Field1 = ProcedureName = String (EG: a value might be fGetUserName())

Field2 = HowOften = Number (EG: A value might be 10 to indicate run every 10
Minutes or 60 to run every hour)

Field3 = TimeStamp = TimeDate fields (I can get the relative functions to write
back just so I can see if it has occurred)

And so on

Many thanks in advance

Darren