[AccessD] Classes and Events - Stay with us

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Feb 10 11:36:54 CST 2009

I can definitely speak to that, John.  Every bit of ADO programming and
all my work with classes helped reduce the steep learning curve for
.Net.  In .Net, it is definitely NOT DONE to copy and paste code here,
there and everywhere.  Instead you create helper classes to contain the
code and then call into those helper classes when you need to do the
same thing time and again.  We create our own control objects, which are
kind of like mini subforms for those who haven't yet made the .Net leap,
and give them their own methods and properties and appearance that fit
our usage and the look of our apps.  We have ONE combobox control.  It
gets populated through a helper class, it has a streamlined interface,
and it looks and behaves consistently across the application.  If we
need to change its behavior, we need do it only in one place, not in
every one of the hundreds of forms, subforms and user controls we have
in our applications.

Like you, I learned from Shamil.  I can remember reading his DEEP
article and falling madly in love!  LOL

Charlotte Foust