[AccessD] have some fun

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 11 15:10:48 CST 2009

Hi all

I nearly got killed. Of the "10 ways to prevent corruption" (link below) one is about Macs - or rather the people handling them.
This has been brought to a Mac OS forum by some innocent curious person resulting in close to zero useful comments but a lot of the usual Access bashing by anonymous commenteers clearly not having any true idea of what Access (JET) is all about. I commented on this and ... you can imagine:

http://macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299674&goto=newpost

Luckily - as you all know - some bright Mac people do exist (they are seldom there when we need them at clients), and a couple stepped in bringing the thread to a serious level. For those of you working with Access in a mixed environment, some tips may be of value. Even better, contribute if you feel so. Just remember to tip-toe and weigh your wordings ... it is like being in the lions' cave - and none of the lions is you!

/gustav

>>> ssharkins at gmail.com 09-04-2008 19:29 >>>
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/10things/?p=331

======Gustav wrote an article on Access corruption for TR -- it's making a
few people pull hairs and trade insults. After reading the article, be sure
to check out the comments -- some of these folks really have too much time
on their hands. :)

Susan H.