[AccessD] Where do we go from here?

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:57:42 CST 2009

> Perhaps an audit trail for changes
Yes, that is topical

> Have you ever inherited a database (or designed one for that matter) where
dates are entered and
displayed in different formats all over the various forms.  No consistency,
drives the users crazy.
That's how I write my programs!  Duh!  Now you know why it needs a makeover.

Ok, and here is another we could look at:  Making sure that all code that
calculate (say) basic + tax * gross profit - overheads etc etc is the same
right across the board by hiding all the calcs in a single class.  Only one
place to get the calculations for business rules and that is (ie)
clsBusinessRules  Let people from the List come up with business rules and
then, as a lesson, build the class to handle those rules.

Max