[AccessD] Hidden Tables

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Feb 12 06:19:04 CST 2009

Once you have selected Tools-Options-View-Hidden Objects, you can right click on the
table, select Properties and  "unhide" it

Also, you can also create a System Table by naming it
usysxxxxxxxx or msysxxxxxxx

If the table starts with either of these four character strings, it is only visible if you check the
box  Tools-Options-View-System Objects.

It's not a good idea to use msysxxxxxxx because Access uses that for real system tables,
but usysxxxxx is handy for hiding your own tables.

I use it quite often for tables holding system information, user login data etc