[AccessD] More Class lectures?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Feb 12 15:43:57 CST 2009

Yep, that will work just fine.  What is the implementation idea?

I have a behavior that I actually have embedded in my framework where the dbl-Click event of the
combo can cause a list form to open, navigate to the record in the combo, or if the combo item is
"not in list" opens the list form in Add mode.

Suppose that you have something being displayed in a combo box. Perhaps a name / SSN for a person.
A user is trying to add people in a form using that combo, but notices that the name / ssn in the
combo box appears to be correct but the SSN is off by a digit (just an example scenario).  The user
can select that person, then dbl click in the combo.  The combo class has to have been fed a form to
open in case of the dbl click.  If it has, then the combo opens the form.  Since the PKID is in
column 0 of the combo, the combo class "passes in" the PKID of the person selected in the combo.

The form as it opens, grabs the PKID and moves to that PKID and places the form into Edit mode.
Voila, instant edit of exactly the correct record in another form.